Lately, I’ve encountered some intriguing book titles. I don’t mean fiction. J.K Rowling and Stieg Larsson have nothing on writers who write about … writing. Yes, the books I’m contemplating buying are about writing style. I plan to move beyond the tried and true The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White. Two books currently on my list are: Bonnie Trenga, The Curious Case of the Misplaced Modifier: How to Solve the Mysteries of Weak Writing and Ben Yagoda, How to Not Write Bad: The Most Common Writing Problems and the Best Ways to Avoid Them. Perhaps these snazzy titles will lead to joyful reading. Do you have any recommendations for books about writing?
- Who Has the Best Writing Quote?
- Best Tutoring Practices
- Handout Highlight: Group Essays
- Beyond Strunk & White
- Handout Highlight: Useful Tools for Non-Native English Speakers
- Make it New, Make it New
- TXTNG ABBRVTIONS DN’T CT IT: Tips for Composing Academic Emails
- DukeWrites Interviews Tutor Zackary Vernon
- Handout Highlight: Commas Got You Down?
- Libraries and Research: Tools for Successful Academic Writing