Diversity characterizes the Duke student body, with students hailing from different cultures, backgrounds, and countries. As a result, there are many non-native English speakers who must adapt to writing and speaking in English for an academic audience. The Writing Studio has compiled an array of resources for non-native English speakers and international students. Rather than being a single handout, the link provided takes you to a host of electronic resources.
- Who Has the Best Writing Quote?
- Best Tutoring Practices
- Handout Highlight: Group Essays
- Beyond Strunk & White
- Handout Highlight: Useful Tools for Non-Native English Speakers
- Make it New, Make it New
- TXTNG ABBRVTIONS DN’T CT IT: Tips for Composing Academic Emails
- DukeWrites Interviews Tutor Zackary Vernon
- Handout Highlight: Commas Got You Down?
- Libraries and Research: Tools for Successful Academic Writing