Do you struggle with starting a writing project? Sometimes getting started is the hardest part. Whether you’re writing in response to a prompt, or writing creatively, it can be difficult to begin. Thankfully, there are also many strategies to help writers cope with this part of the writing process. From talking aloud about your ideas, to freewriting, to mapping, to outlining, there are many ways to get started. If you can relate to this dilemma, you can find solace in some of the Writing Studio’s resources we have about prewriting. The Writing Studio website also has other handouts that can help you target why you might be struggling with getting started on a project. And if procrastination is something you struggle with, the Writing Studio also has a handout to help with that problem! Good luck!
- Who Has the Best Writing Quote?
- Best Tutoring Practices
- Handout Highlight: Group Essays
- Beyond Strunk & White
- Handout Highlight: Useful Tools for Non-Native English Speakers
- Make it New, Make it New
- TXTNG ABBRVTIONS DN’T CT IT: Tips for Composing Academic Emails
- DukeWrites Interviews Tutor Zackary Vernon
- Handout Highlight: Commas Got You Down?
- Libraries and Research: Tools for Successful Academic Writing